Properties For Sale
OWN A SLICE OF PARADISE AT EVERGLADES
City visitors are astounded by the remarkable way of life experienced in the Dargle Valley. The symbiotic community lifestyle of all who have chosen to settle in this area along the Midlands Meander can be intoxicating. Many in the valley produce a small surplus of goods from their organic homestead food gardens, selling or bartering goods at the Saturday Market at the Lions River Club: vegetables, trout, chicken, honey, cheese, pork, milk or eggs…Slow Food is Soul Food and the Dargle community love to share mindfully prepared meals with friends and neighbours. Opportunities within Everglades Country Estate is your invitation to join this conscious evolution to community living in a natural setting.
- 12 Ha of land including a combination of wetlands, grassland and mist-belt indigenous forest teaming with birdlife (365 species including the rare Cape Parrot), Duikers, Reedbok, Bushbuck, Mountain Eland, Oribi and Tree Hirax
- Pristine water (graded for bottling) is abundant and supplied by the onsite boreholes. Beautifully kept lawns and established floral gardens
- 30 Minutes from amenities and hospitals in Howick or Pietermaritzburg
- Facilities on the estate include a swimming pool, bowling green, tennis court, table tennis, billiards, a Wellness Spa and mountain hikes up the Inhlosane Mountain
- Within close proximity of excellent schools including St Anne’s for girls, the prestigious Michaelhouse and Hilton Colleges for boys, Grace College, Cowan House & Maritzburg College
INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITIES AT EVERGLADES
Phase One of the Everglades Country Estate is currently selling. 18 Freehold units are on sale from the hotel accommodation portfolio. The one bedroom to six bedroom units can be easily converted into residential homesteads, self-catering investment units or placed in the hotel pool.
Phase one units are sold ‘as is’ with the option for owners to make application for extensions to their properties once municipality planning is granted.VIEW ESTATE DOCUMENTS & FAQ'S
The Everglades management has a team of local tradesmen with over 10 years’ experience in maintenance and renovation to carry out all aspects of building and upgrading their properties. The Everglades management will provide individual quotations for all work required. All work that is carried out would be, upon completion, signed off by independent architects or quantity surveyors of your choice.
FUTURE PROSPECTS - PHASE TWO
Phase two will incorporate a 15 bedroom 4-star graded hotel together with 20 new eco-friendly houses ranging from two to four bedrooms with Victorian and Edwardian characteristics. The houses will incorporate the latest solar panel and renewable energy systems which will efficiently run each property independent from the Eskom power grid.
“This is possibly your most cost effective entrance to owning on the KwaZulu Natal Midlands Meander.”